Wargaming Musings?

I'm a bit of a butterfly in terms of my attention and sticking to gaming projects long term isn't my strongest point. On the bright side, atleast I flit between the same things. Expect an ecclectic medley of Moderns, Dark Ages, Quar and Early Wild West, almost all in 28mm... (with some 1/48 moderns thrown in... )

Thursday 10 April 2014

1/43rd Diecast BTR 40 size comparison

Another 'diecast and 40mm' update - this time with a Russian model of a BTR 40 apc. Although the magazine the model comes with is a Deagostini publication, it only appears to have been published in the former USSR. (I think it is called something along the lines of Classic Vehicles of the USSR). In this case the model was shipped from Latvia,  and cost about £15 including postage. It's quite good that the top cover comes off,  but the seats are a little delicate (they will survive fitting a driver and crew but still fragile) as are the wing mirrors. The hole for securing the roof cover would also be a good mounting point for a machine gun...

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Cheers mate - I am trying to convince the Mrs that a real one will make a good next car ;-)

      Delete