Wargaming Musings?

I'm a bit of a butterfly in terms of my attention and sticking to gaming projects long term isn't my strongest point. On the bright side, atleast I flit between the same things. Expect an ecclectic medley of Moderns, Dark Ages, Quar and Early Wild West, almost all in 28mm... (with some 1/48 moderns thrown in... )

Monday 10 March 2014

Urdovnya: the setting

Urdovnya is my fictional Eastern Europe setting for my 40mms.  I eventually decided to ditch Chernarus and keep everything pretty fast and loose. It exists only to give a framework to games, and I may modify things to keep it flowing.  It is inspired by all sorts of things;  from the break up of Yugoslavia, Chechnya,  Georgia in 2008,  Operation Flashpoint, Rainbow Six and Ultimate Force.  A major source of inspiration has been Chris Peers' article on ACQ campaigns,  set in the Shirvan Republic...
-
Urdovnya is an outlying province of the Shirvan Republic, lying between the Black Sea and the (Russian) caucases. The population is devided between the mixed religon (Christian and Muslim), Shirva speaking, Shirv and the predominantly Russian speaking, Orthodox, Urdov. Since the collapse of the Soviet Union, things have been tense with occasional riots and civil unrest. Trouble has escalated and Russia has been flexing its muscles about the safety of the 'Russian' ethnic Urdovs.  The Shirvan Government has moved troops into the region,  amidst reports of Urdov milita groups forming...

No comments:

Post a Comment