Wargaming Musings?

I'm a bit of a butterfly in terms of my attention and sticking to gaming projects long term isn't my strongest point. On the bright side, atleast I flit between the same things. Expect an ecclectic medley of Moderns, Dark Ages, Quar and Early Wild West, almost all in 28mm... (with some 1/48 moderns thrown in... )

Tuesday 26 June 2012

WiPs

Here are the WiPs I promised in my last post - not too many, as I want there to be some surprises (although I'll say that some of them are Victorian types taken from the Early West pile, destined to become more Wolfenjager and some are dark agey types...)

Mob! - These guys will be rioting through the streets of Fever Crumb's London, either toppling the existing government, hunting dapplejacks with the Skinners guild or maybe being used for some hypothetical clashes with the Movement. They should mix well enough with the Brigade Games brawlers I showed in my last post for that sort of thing, although I wouldn't be bale to use them in any other setting. The figures are all GW - 3 converted Imperial Frateris Militia and 2 plastic Empire Free Company. The FM figures were converted back in my =I= 28mm days and then never used; whilst the FC were destined for use with my dissolved Empire army. All have pretty low grade weapons (black-powder pistols, swords, knives, clubs, a hand axe) - just perfect for a rampaging mob!


Cossacks - Of a sort at any rate. A Redoubt Victorian Russian militiaman, a West Wind Cossack character (I've got the same fellow mounted too - although for some reason I didn't think to start base coating him at the same time. I'll have to correct that, even if it does mean painting horses *spits*) and a West wind Hungarian Vampire Hunter. These guys will be used for EotD, almost certainly initially as part of a vampire warband, and then later they may get other roles. I'm hoping to keep the 'feel' of the colours subdued and somewhat realistic, although still fairly colourful at the same time. With any luck, I should also be able to use them as  Northern Nomads in WoME as well...

This is more of a selection pack of 1/48th figures rather than the definitive set. Most of these haven't progressed very far since I last showed them, but after my restful time last week I no longer worry about mucking up doing the shading on their webbing, or on the unit insignia & Russian flags on their shoulders. There are another 3 VDV airbourne figures (like the guy on the left) and 3 Spetsnatz (like the guy in the middle) at a similar stage. The MVD guy on the right is far ahead of his 7 compatriots (although, one has a half painted jacket in the same camo, all the others have only had skin painted ). In the far distance you can just make out one of the CDF troopers who is awaiting the first (terracota) step on his camo - something else I put off due to fatigue...

No comments:

Post a Comment