Wargaming Musings?

I'm a bit of a butterfly in terms of my attention and sticking to gaming projects long term isn't my strongest point. On the bright side, atleast I flit between the same things. Expect an ecclectic medley of Moderns, Dark Ages, Quar and Early Wild West, almost all in 28mm... (with some 1/48 moderns thrown in... )

Wednesday 23 May 2012

LBWS table-top sale goodies

Well, Sunday was the LBWS table top sale, so I was back for the goodness knows how manyth year selling off my lead backlog. In addition to downsizing my 'sell' pile, I also managed to pick up some nice odds and sods of kit (all for 1/48th gaming, as I've got scenery for the rest of my stuff... well.... maybe not the dark ages, but there wasn't anything there for that and I've got my eyes on some Rendera Saxon tnets and wattle fences to make a camp for them...)
http://www.bristolwargaming.co.uk/table_top_sale.html
is the website for the sell, nad it also has details of Revillie II, where I'll probably have a stall althoguh I'd ideally like to try and run a display game of some sort...

Here are photos of the buildings I got (there were also some nice big Last Valley trees, but I forgot to take any pictures of them, so you'll just have to wait until they turn up in a game).

2 resin ruined sections - I'm probably going to field this as just one large ruin as they've been painted to match. Looking at the size, I'm guessing it was originally intended for 1/35 figures... but it certainly does make a nice piece for my 1/48ths.
Got this pile of wood from the same seller - not sure what I'll use it for, but it seemed like a good piece of scatter scenery for Eastern Europe. Thinking about it, I could put it next to the part-built plasticville house (see below1) to add to the 'in construction' vibe. either that, or I start converting a saw mill!
Plasticville houses - O-gauge model railraod buildings, these are pretty much perfect scale for 1/48th figures. These models are all incomplete (there is also a fire-brigade building) which means they'll need some tweaking. This also gives me the chance to 'europeanise' them. Hopeully I'll be getting some more from:
http://darkhousegames.co.uk/

No comments:

Post a Comment