Wargaming Musings?

I'm a bit of a butterfly in terms of my attention and sticking to gaming projects long term isn't my strongest point. On the bright side, atleast I flit between the same things. Expect an ecclectic medley of Moderns, Dark Ages, Quar and Early Wild West, almost all in 28mm... (with some 1/48 moderns thrown in... )

Tuesday 15 May 2012

Figure Focus - TAG Pt II

So, heres part II of of my TAG figure focus....
SWAT figures, painted up as a Tagan Police Special Response Team, these guys are just too late for the era I play, and so have been passed onto Emma to use in Sci-Fi games....
More TAG weapon swops, bringing out of era figures into era - here we hve 3 Foundry Darkest Africa Masai & a Redoubt Boear conveted into some tribal trackers and a... well... boer... Just, a lter era one :)
My 'Not-Rhodesia' imagi-nation, Tanga has a light infantry & SAS force made up of paint-converted US  special forces figres. Lots moe of these in the to paint pile I should add. The guy bottom left in the white tee is usually used as an armed farmer...
The Tribal Rebels! A terrifying blend of the Mau-mau & the Simba rebels from the congo. These guys are hopped up on drugs and ju-ju, beliving that they are safe against bulets they'll often try to charge down the their opponents. The figures typicaly are from the less well armed (village militia/DRA19-24) packs, with a few suitable Vietcong and AK toting africans mixed in to give them a bit more hitting power. Given that these sorts of rebellions happened primarily in the 60's, I've done my best to keep the weaponry suitably aged (ex-WW2, apart from their newly aquired kalashnikovs).  I really need to get another pack or two of machete guys for this lot, and maybe some more loose 'modern' melee weapons to convert some more Foundry DA figures... 
My guerilla forces - typically all the figures that looked too well/recently armed (or dressed) to fit in with the tribal types end up in this set. I rationaise the mix of uniform with guys in jeans and tee-shirts by deviding them into 'Main force' (uniforms of some sort) and 'Local force' (civies). The somali's in native clothing generaly run with this force, as although they look 'primative' enough to run with the tribal rebels, their weaponry is a bit too uptogether compared to the rest. I've also mixed in quite a few of the 'white mercenary' packs (DRA12-18) to vary up the weaponry choice.
These guys were sat in a pile to be repainted to join the tribal rebels (originally I just had one mega force of  african militia, which decided to start seperating down into sub-factions to try and make the variou forces a bit more interesting). I know why most of them were going to have some paint tweaking done - the camo schemes are to late for the sort of era they are supposed to repreesent. No idea why the machete guy is in there though....
At one stage, I had not only my 'organised' 5-Commando style mercenaries, but some disorganised ones a well. Then theygot mixed in with the African militia Farcry 2 style, and then they were disbanded... These guyss will be getting repainted and then joining the Tangan Army as more ligt infantrymen (probably after the addition of some webbing pouches...)
Whilst these guys (baring the RPG-2) were up  for sale (weapons too late for most of them) but have been moved to the Chernarus painting pile.

No comments:

Post a Comment