Wargaming Musings?

I'm a bit of a butterfly in terms of my attention and sticking to gaming projects long term isn't my strongest point. On the bright side, atleast I flit between the same things. Expect an ecclectic medley of Moderns, Dark Ages, Quar and Early Wild West, almost all in 28mm... (with some 1/48 moderns thrown in... )

Sunday 27 May 2012

And some almost finished stuff...

And here's the painted figures I promised a while ago... sorry for the delay, part of it is due to my computer not liking blogger and not giving me a proper menu, and the sunshine luring me outside to read... These guys are all just waiting for basing now...

CDF private - this figure is a conversion of one of the HLBS US1/2 early 90's US infantry, and with the addition of a TAG AK47, some slight work re-shaping the ammo pouches and a change of colour scheme, I think it works quite well. I'm aware an AK74 would have been better in terms of beliveability, but I guess the advantage of imagi-nations is that you can do what you want :) The black flak jackets is taken from a few pictures I've seen of Georgian troops wearing similar pieces of kit, and I imagine are probably a fairly new addition to the CDF - possibly adopted after casualties from terrorist bomb/sniper attacks started increasing in number.

Another 'Foreign volunteer', also taken from the same Kampschwimer pack as the last one. This guy is pretty much stock (I carved away the pockets on his upper arms to make the jacket a little more generic.). The camo on the jacket is supposed to be the US woodland scheme, but I think the brown is a bit too light and/or orangey, and I think the cream is used too much.... on the plus side, it now looks like one of the knock-off schemes which were floating around the Balkans a lot in the 90's. I was tempted to paint a beret badge on the front of his wooly hat, again inspired by the Balkans, but I resisted temptation, saving that for another figure. I'm guessing he has been issued the PSG-1 after proving his marksmanship... either that, or whoever hired him couldn't maintain it well enough.

NaPa gunman - in this case, quite a heavily converted figure. The base model is some sort of US special forces type, to which I've added a mask, and replaced his M16 with an AK47/GL combo. The M16 arm wasn't originally supposed to go with this figure, but I had both in my spares box, so kitbased something usable out of them. The left hand is a bit gormless, as he's not holding anything in it... bu all the possibilities looked wrong, so I've left it as-is at the moment, and it doesn't notice too much. As the webbing & AK are both the same as the CDF use, it seemed like a good idea to given him a CDF jacket as well. Either this guy is a deserter, or he's been resupplying himself from prisoners and casualties

No idea where this ruin originally came from, but I remember playing with it with toy soldiers when I must have been around 5 or 6.  For a long time it sat with a not-very-good enamel paint scheme in my 'generic scenery' bits, but I decided to finally show it some love.  Afterall, whilst it is too big for 28mm figures, it fits in rather well with these 38mm (still too big, but less noticably so). The window frame is knocked together from a couple of old matches, and is really just there to add some character to what would otherwise be a very plain building indeed. I have been tempted to add graffiti to the outside, but I'll leave it blank and generic for now...

A converted 1/35th M-8, this was originally in the Sell pile.... but I had a change of heart. At some stage, I'm going to modify it to look more like the improvised armoured trucks which were used in the Balkans, but for now it's serviceable enough as it is I think...

Another converted toy - this was originally some sort of snap-together kit, which has been progressively modified over the years - first for 40K, and now for 1/48th moderns. It's a little on the tall side, and I'm not entirely convinced on the armament of rockets... but given that, I thought it looked like the sort of thing which an under equipped militia might buy off a dodgy arms dealer (who is probably re-fitting riot vehicles with bodged on anti-aircraft missiles). It's been given to the ChDKZ, in an attempt to give them something capable of knocking out the CDF T-72 which is sat on my windowsill.... atleast until the ChDKZ manage to capture a tank or two of their own! The missile graffiti says 'Freedom!' if I recall correctly...

No comments:

Post a Comment