Wargaming Musings?

I'm a bit of a butterfly in terms of my attention and sticking to gaming projects long term isn't my strongest point. On the bright side, atleast I flit between the same things. Expect an ecclectic medley of Moderns, Dark Ages, Quar and Early Wild West, almost all in 28mm... (with some 1/48 moderns thrown in... )

Friday 13 April 2012

A new attempt at posting my work on the internet...

I've tried websites, and failed.... usually abysmally. I think it's to do with the long-ish term comitments they require to keep things updated, and then when you fall behind it's trying to clear the backlog. I also think part of it is due to my changing my ideas alot, and having to re-draft things.... And, if I'm honest, the fact that I'm a complete butterfly and despit my best intentions, what holds my interest one week probably isn't the same as what'll take my interest the following week. So here's the new idea - no subject specific website, just a log of what I've been painting/making/musing on for a whole range of periods - mostly it'll be the same content as my posts on various forums (fora?), but you never know when new material might sneak in.

Atleast, from any potential regular readers perspectives, I tend to flit from subject to subject through the same subjects...! So expect lots of stuff on Modern-ish African Imagi-nations (60's-80's), Modern Eastern European imagi-nations (2000's), Early Plains Wars (1830's-1840's Old west), Quar (Vaguely WW1ish diselpunk anteaters), BritApoc (Retro, UK set post apocalypse) and my attempt to make HoTT Dark Age Fantasy armies.... Where I can, I'll try to label stuff so that relevan things are easy to find...

Here' are some links to forum pages with the the backlogs of some of the previously mentioned projects (and probably some stuff from this blog posted up in the future)

Quar - http://s1.zetaboards.com/Post_Apoc_Wargames/topic/3655389/3/#new

BritApoc - http://s1.zetaboards.com/Post_Apoc_Wargames/topic/2713006/1/

HoTT Dark Ages - http://s1.zetaboards.com/Post_Apoc_Wargames/topic/4438168/1/

Early Plains Wars - http://s1.zetaboards.com/Post_Apoc_Wargames/topic/1876561/11/#new

Modern african wargaming (also includes my brief digression into Vietnam) - http://s1.zetaboards.com/Post_Apoc_Wargames/topic/535969/1/

There are some battle reports floating around on the same forum, as well as a few other long buried and finished projects (VSF, Atomic cafe) floating around on there too, if anyone is interested...

Thinking about new posts, I'll probably post up cr@ppy pictures of unbased figures as I finish them, and then try to get better pictures once they are based (which may be seperated by days, weeks or even months!) so expect occasional deluges of stuff and then things going quiet for a while...

In addition to wargaming, I also reenact (http://www.oskorei.org.uk/) and as we get closer to show season, my painting output will probably drop some. anyway, enough rambling for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment