Wargaming Musings?

I'm a bit of a butterfly in terms of my attention and sticking to gaming projects long term isn't my strongest point. On the bright side, atleast I flit between the same things. Expect an ecclectic medley of Moderns, Dark Ages, Quar and Early Wild West, almost all in 28mm... (with some 1/48 moderns thrown in... )

Tuesday 17 April 2012

Chernarussian types... ChDKZ

A few WiPs to wet the appetite...
WiP ChDKZ militiaman - trying to keep an obvious mix of military (camo coveralls, webbing) with civillian (beanie, undershirt, trainers. For the camo, I'm trying to keep to older soviet designs, although there will be a few more recent urban patterns mixed in. No 'Flora' pattern though, as that's what the Russian army/MVD will be kitted out in, and I want atleast a few visual differences. I'm planning to add some sort of identifier to the the figure, and being ChDKZ a red star would make sense - possibly on upper arms, or maybe on the back of his tactical vest. The figure is a 1/48 HLBS VDV figure in winter clothing, with the original beret removed, along with the AK bayonnet (yet to see any pictures of insurgents bothering with these!).
More VDV converted into ChDKZ militia - similar conversion process to the first figure (removing berets, excess webbing, etc). I was trying to get a Chechen style beard on the RPK-74 guy, not sure I managed it, but atleast he looks fairly irregular. Similar painting plans to the above figure.

No comments:

Post a Comment