Wargaming Musings?

I'm a bit of a butterfly in terms of my attention and sticking to gaming projects long term isn't my strongest point. On the bright side, atleast I flit between the same things. Expect an ecclectic medley of Moderns, Dark Ages, Quar and Early Wild West, almost all in 28mm... (with some 1/48 moderns thrown in... )

Tuesday 17 April 2012

Chernarussian types... CDF Foreign Volunteer

Originally a German Kampfschwimmer, I just painted this guy up to be a fairly generic militiaman/mercenary (I'm not sure that the CDF would actually need mercenaries, or that it would be in the interests of their media campaign to use them, but I'm stuck with the lasting images of mercs/volunteers in the balkans which seemed to fill in a lot of the news at an impresionable stage in my child-hood). His combat jacket has been painted in CDF/Swiss Alpenflage, but the rest is generic/civillian. no-one uses the MP5 in bulk, so that isn't a give away to his origins either. Due to the generic paint job, you might occasionally see him in the (disorganised) ranks of NaPa or the ChDKZ, or even NATO special forces... The standing stone was bouight to use with my Dark Age HoTT games, but is giving him something to stand next to at the moment... and afterall, who's to say where some stray band of wandering Varjazi may have erected a runestone as they explore the Rus rivers?

No comments:

Post a Comment